Free Internet Security - WOT Web of Trust
Login form
Site menu
Your IP
Link to Us

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Sting  
Forum » Flight Simulator » Awesome Freeware Aircraft » Hawker Hurricane Review (Hawker Hurricane Review)
Hawker Hurricane Review
StingDate: Tuesday, 2010-10-19, 6:35 PM | Message # 1
Main Website Admin
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
Hawker Hurricane

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin....IId.zip

To save space I have placed each image in a spoiler box. This will allow you to open and close each picture as you choose.

Outside View:

Undercarriage View:

Open Canopy Back Side View:

Cockpit:

Cockpit Closeup:

Looking down in cockpit:

Included in the review is a takeoff in the Hawker Hurricane as well as an emergency gear up landing which shows you the effects of a prop strike and the sparks from the aircraft skidding on the runway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Az0nR1B2o

Let me first begin with what the author of this aircraft had to say:

Features a complex model with fully animated parts, detailed and animated pilot figure, removable cowlings and panels, Merlin XX engine and interior fuselage details, visual effects that include crash landings, complex virtual cockpit with clickable controls, custom gauges, and engine damage modeling. The model has accurate flight dynamics, with realistic stalls, and spins with autorotation. By Touch the Sky Simulations. Aircraft works fine in FSX. All gauges in VC seem fully FSX compatible. Glass OK. This aircraft is modified in any way. Full credit to the great talents of the creator of this wonderful aircraft. FSX Compatible & tested. Thumbnail added by Danny Garnier. 18MB

From what I can tell the cockpit is well modeled as well as the exterior. It is very similar to some payware Hawker Hurricanes. The only problem I can see that would be a major issue to some people would be the gun sight target that you can see right through the prop. The windows have a slight tint on them which doesn't really do anything important but if you don't like the tinted windows you can always move the canopy back.

The handling on this aircraft is in my opinion very exaggerated. This could be because I fly with the realism settings on the highest possible setting, but the aircraft is very easy to turn and accidentally flip. If you had auto rudder turned off you will have to make corrections while you are on takeoff roll.

The sound on this aircraft is very good in my observations. It sounds very close to the real aircraft even while being a freeware product.

This aircraft is a blast to fly and once you get a handle on the aircraft. After you get past the few flaws this add on has you may be convinced that this is a payware aircraft. While being very easy to learn it is not only for advanced users. Newer users may have some trouble but this is the add on for anyone who enjoys Flight Simulator X.

Forum » Flight Simulator » Awesome Freeware Aircraft » Hawker Hurricane Review (Hawker Hurricane Review)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: